Click here for Entry Form
The entrant must be of stated age as of June 1, 2022, and be a student of a PEIRMTA member in good standing.
Each entry must be composed by the named entrant (teachers may advise with details of notation).
Compositions may be for a solo instrument or voice, or any combination thereof.
Scores must be neat and legible in black ink or a dark pencil, with tempo and dynamics included.
Computer-printed scores are allowed. Optimally, each composition should be accompanied with an audio recording of a performance of the composition (no videos please).
The bars in the composition should be numbered so that the adjudicator can easily refer to various parts of the composition.
Each composition must have a title. In multi-movement compositions, the instrumentation must remain the same in each movement.
Please keep a copy of each entered work.
The entrant’s name must not appear on the composition itself. Please attach the entry form to the composition using a paper clip.
Entrants may submit one or more works and may enter both sections (instrumental and vocal) of the appropriate category (Preparatory, Categories A and B) if desired.
Compositions must not have been among the winners of any other competition.
Each entry will receive a written adjudication.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place compositions will be performed at the awards ceremony in Spring of 2022 (depending on COVID regulations).
Prizes (only if merited) will be awarded to the winners of each category. Certificates will be given to contestants who place second and third.
Entries must be received by Tuesday, March 1st, 2022
- Preparatory - 8 yrs and under (Class 1 - instrumental; Class 2- vocal) – Gold medals
- Category A: 11 yrs and under (Class 1 - instrumental; Class 2 - vocal) – Gold medals
- Category B: 15 yrs and under - (Class 1 - instrumental; Class 2 - vocal) - $30
- Category C: 19 yrs and under - $40
- Category D: Open (over 19) - $50
Age Categories and Entry Fees:
A completed entry form and the correct entry fee must accompany each composition entered. If a composition is recommended for the CFMTA Student Composer Competition, the composer will be asked to pay half of the entry fee with the PEIRMTA paying the rest.
- Preparatory: 8 yrs and under (Class 1 - instrumental; Class 2 - vocal) – $10 entry fee
- Category A: 11 yrs and under (Class 1 - instrumental; Class 2 - vocal) – $10 entry fee
- Category B: 15 yrs and under - (Class 1 - instrumental; Class 2 - vocal) - $20 entry fee
- Category C*: 19 yrs and under - $20 entry fee
- Category D*: Open (over 19) - $25 entry fee
*Any instrument or combination of instruments, including voice
Click here for Entry Form
Compositions are to be sent to Valerie MacKenzie, 21 Greenleaf Drive, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 7R7 • 902-894-7465
Entries must be received by Tuesday, March 1, 2022
Please remember that late entries will not be accepted.